Thursday 21 September 2017

Brownsea Island - September 2017

After lunch we decided to take the boat trip to Brownsea Island.  It's a 20 minute hop across from Poole Quay to the island and as we're National Trust members we had 'free' entry once off the boat.  The return trip takes 40 minutes as they take you around the island.

Once our tickets were purchased and we were sat on the boat (inside thankfully!) the heavens opened.  Great timing I call that!  We arrived on the island, disembarked and headed straight for the NT café for a brew.  From there we did the woodland walk.  The reason we visited the island was specifically to see the red squirrels.  Mike spotted 2 very quickly but I was too slow!!!  During our walk I was wondering if I'd ever get to see any and then......success!  We spent ages watching the little fella and I managed to get a few shots of him too.  Made my day.  Another tick off that bucket list!

When we got back to Poole Quay we had an ice cream and a wander along the quay to see the boats.  Later that evening we met up with our friends again and had fish and chips in a lovely restaurant overlooking Holes Bay.

































No comments: